The thumbnail version:
- There are some essential necessities to build into an e-commerce site.
The full version:
In the previous post we mentioned Erich Campbell’s Images Magazine article on e-commerce sites. We said we’d follow up with design and functional necessities based on his article. Here are some:
- You must have clear payment, shipping, and return policies.
- You must have well-monitored channels of communication
- Navigation around the site must be easy and quick
- You must decide if a general site or customer-specific sites suit your circumstances best
- Make sure you have great graphics (it’s the old sizzle and steak thing)
This post is a primer to encourage you to investigate the topic further and in some depth. Campbell’s article in the November issue of Images Magazine would be a very good place to start.