The thumbnail version:
- Most small businesses neglect their websites
- Speed of response is critical
- There are ways to improve speed of response
The full version:
Most small businesses tend to neglect their websites once they’re launched. This may result in your site discouraging rather than encouraging potential customers.
Content, graphics, and overall attractiveness are of course important, but assuming you have those taken care of, speed of response is just is critical. This is not only because of the user experience aspect but also because search engines will rank slow websites lower.
Melinda Emerson, the SmallBizLady, has three good tips:
- Enable caching. This allows your website to load faster on follow-up visits.
- Remove hog plug-ins and add-ons. You may have too many and some may be real resource hogs. get rid of them if you can
- Optimize and reduce the size of your images. large images can affect your website speed. Do a ,little research on how to optimize images.
Your website is a critical part of your business. Keep it up to date and finely tuned.